Streetwise teen Rá receives a long-awaited letter from the government certifying his rightful inheritance of family land snatched away decades earlier by paramilitary groups. Intoxicated by the prospect of a place to finally call home, he gathers his found family of brothers—five boys scavenging on the streets of Medellin—and together they embark on a journey across a landscape whose lush forests and inveigling mists conceal a pandemic of pervasive violence. Along the way, they encounter others inhabiting the margins of a society in turmoil, who alternatively offer lessons in courage and kindness, brutality and greed. Swinging between unbridled delirium and bitter reality, Roger Ebert Award-winning director Laura Mora’s (Killing Jesus) kaleidoscopic road movie follows an at-once surreal and perilous odyssey into the legacies of violence in contemporary Colombia.
58th Chicago International Film Festival Silver Hugo: Best Production Design. Learn more…
Screenings & Events
- Cristina Gallego, Mirlanda Torres Zapata
- Laura Mora, María Camila Arias
- Sebastián Hernández, Gustavo Vasco
- Daniel Rincón
- David Gallego A.D.F.C.
- Carlos Andrés Castañeda, Davidson Andrés Flores, Brahian Stiven Acevedo, Cristian Camilo David Mora, Cristian David Campaña, Laura Mora
- Carlos E. García
- Leo Heiblum, Alexis Ruiz
- Ciudad Lunar, La Selva Cine, Iris Productions, Tu Vas Voir, Talipot Studio, Mer Films, Caracol TV
International Competition Patron
Jacolyn and John Bucksbaum Family Foundation