Created in 2005, Cinema/Chicago’s CineYouth Film Festival is designed to encourage youth filmmakers in their creative endeavors. CineYouth provides opportunities for young filmmakers to articulate themselves artistically, and have their voice heard. Held annually in Chicago, CineYouth is a three-day festival celebrating and fostering the creativity of filmmakers 22 years old and younger by screening officially selected work and encouraging their creative endeavors by presenting a filmmaking workshop, discussions and panels.
CineYouth 2020 will be held in Chicago May 8-10, 2020, and will include screenings of Officially Selected films, hands on workshops and special events. Approximately 60 films are accepted to CineYouth.
- Early bird deadline: February 7
- Regular deadline: February 28
- Final deadline: March 6
- The film’s director(s) must have been 22 years old or younger at time of filming
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English
- The length of all submissions must be 15 minutes or less, including credits
- Past submissions to CineYouth may not be resubmitted
- You must provide your age at the time of film completion in the Synopsis
CineYouth 2019 Highlights
Brian Dailey • Adrienne Davis • Corbin Horn • Tom Kehoe • Rick Nicita • Cynthia Olson • Judy Pollock
Joe Swanberg • Kathleen Turner • Paula Wagner • Mamie J Walton