Press accreditation for the 54th Chicago International Film Festival (October 10 – 21) is now open. Please read the below guidelines/instructions in order to submit an application for press credentials. Applications close on Sunday, September 23 at midnight.
The following supporting materials should be provided in conjunction with submitting this application:
- A letter from your editor/producer on official company letterhead assigning you to cover the Festival. If you are the editor/producer, this letter may come directly from you. The letter must specify the following information:
- The type and focus of the planned editorial coverage, providing as much detail as possible (interviews, reviews, podcasts, etc.);
- the primary market and target audience of the outlet you will be covering for; and
- The date when the coverage will be published or broadcast (before, during, after, all of the above; please be as specific as possible).
- Recent published/broadcast coverage of a film festival, a film-related story, or an arts/ entertainment story written or produced by you with an attached byline and date (PDFs or links acceptable). Minimum three (3), maximum five (5). Returning applicants must submit coverage examples from the 53rd Chicago International Film Festival
- A photo for your credential (hi-res jpg file preferred, at least 250×250 pixels) labeled as follows: First name.Last name.Name of Outlet
Please upload materials to your application or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be considered until all supporting material has been received.
Press Credentials Policy
The Chicago International Film Festival grants, at their discretion, press credentials to active members of the media with an established history of entertainment and film coverage, particularly independent, international or niche market films and an assignment from their affiliated outlet to cover the Festival. Those requesting press line and event access for photo/video coverage should have a track record of covering premiere events.
Accredited press are strongly encouraged to utilize the Festival’s press screening library. Press credentials will not necessarily provide admission to regular public screenings during the Festival and should not be assumed.
Upon submission, applications will be reviewed and responded to on an as-received basis. All applications will receive notification on or before September 29 of their status and the access their credential grants, if approved. Each credential includes terms and conditions the applicant agrees to upon accepting their accreditation. The Chicago International Film Festival reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation and revoke accreditation at any time for any reason. These decisions are final and cannot be appealed.