Lubo, a traveling busker, is conscripted into the Swiss army to defend against a potential German attack. While serving, he receives the news that his wife has died and his three small children have been taken by the state as a part of a national reeducation program for Yenisch children. He flees his unit, adopts a new identity, and begins a desperate search to reunite his fractured family.
Featuring stunning production design and a sterling performance from Franz Rogowski (Transit, Passages), the film tracks Lubo’s odyssey as he uncovers the shocking truth about his children. Based on real-life events, the film is both an emotional character study and a penetrating historical epic.
Screenings & Events
Sold Out/Rush Only? Learn when new tickets get released by signing up for our ticket availability email list!
- Fabrizio Donvito, Benedetto Habib, Marco Cohen, Daniel Campos Pavoncelli, Giorgio Diritti, Francesca Scorzonii, Christof Neracher, Claudio Falconi, Alberto Fusco, Andrea Masera
- Giorgio Diritti, Fredo Valla
- Paolo Cottignola (AMC BFE), Giorgio Diritti
- Benjamin Maier
- Franz Rogowski, Christophe Sermet, Valentina Bellè, Noémi Besedes, Cecilia Steiner, Joel Basman
- Marco Biscarini
- Simone Bachini, Alessandro Mascheroni
- Indiana Production, Aranciafilm, Rai Cinema, hugofilm features, Proxima Milano