NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES!
1. Entries must be postmarked no later than March 11, 2016
2. Entries must be submitted on DVD. Do NOT send film prints, master tapes, or other originals.
3. Submit one completed entry form (or online confirmation) and one copy of your production for each submission. Each entry must be on a separate DVD (entries to the TV Series or Commercial Campaign categories may have more than one episode or commercial per disc.)
4. Entries can only be submitted to one category. Submitting the same production to multiple categories will require a separate entry form and fee for each category.
5. Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate submission fee. Entry fees are non-refundable.
6. International (outside the US) checks and money orders are not accepted. Entry fees must be paid by credit card. International bank transfers are not accepted.
7. ENTRY FORMS AND PAYMENT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT AN ACCOMPANYING DVD. DVDs will not be considered for competition unless accompanied by necessary fees and entry forms.
8. Entrant’s name and title of production must be on each case or DVD.
9. Submission DVDs will not be returned.
10. The Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards if the entry form is incorrect or illegible.
1. Television productions and commercials that have aired or are scheduled to air on television or be broadcast on internet-based television in 2014 and 2015 are eligible. Entries for internet-based television programs or commercials must include the URL at which they can be viewed.
2. Entries may be submitted by the director, producer, agency, distributor, or client. In categories of Special Achievement, entries may be submitted by a crew member who worked on the production.
3. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into competition and to use all music, images, and content in the entry. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at the Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards Ceremony.
4. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles.
1. The cost of shipping an entry to the competition must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted.
2. All international entries must be sent “Free Domicile” to the competition office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes pre-paid by shipper. Any brokerage fees charged to the Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards will be refused. Please be sure to include all the proper customs documentation as required by your shipping service.
Gold and Silver Hugos are the highest honors presented by the Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards. Hugos are awarded only to outstanding productions that achieve effective communications through technical excellence and creativity. Gold and Silver Plaques are awarded to entries of superior quality that are among the best in their category. Certificates of Merit are awarded to productions that the jury feels contain strengths that deserve recognition.
The Chicago International Film Festival Television Awardss’ mission is to recognize the enormous technical and creative energy behind television commercials and productions and to highlight their importance in communications. Each year, we assemble panels of distinguished media professionals to judge our competitive categories. To ensure fully qualified appraisals, we select judges who are familiar with the industry and intended audience of each entry. All aspects of the production’s technical execution are evaluated for professionalism, creativity, and effectiveness in achieving its goals. The production budget is carefully considered; a resourceful use of limited funds is highly valued by our judges. Entries are judged against others in the same category, but judges have the right to recommend that no award be given in a category if entries do not meet the award criteria. In the event of a tie, two awards may be presented. Our annual list of winners is circulated around the world to distributors, educators, potential clients, and the press to ensure winners receive maximum recognition.
For television commercial categories, entrants permit the Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards to show selected entries at the 2015 Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards Ceremony, the 2015 Chicago International Film Festival, and on PBS WTTW-11 for public judging to determine the winner of the Audience Choice Award. For television production categories, entrants permit clips of selected winners to be shown at the 2015 Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards Ceremony.
Please select the category that is most appropriate for your production
Individual Television Programs
P01: Animated Program
P02: Children’s Program
P03: Comedy Program
P04: Cooking Program
P05: Daytime Drama Program
P06: Documentary: Arts/Humanities
P07: Documentary: History/Biography
P08: Documentary: Science/Nature
P09: Documentary: Social/Political
P10: Dramatic Program
P11: Educational Program – Adult Audience
P12: Educational Program – Child Audience
P14: Feature Length Telefilm
P15: Investigative Reporting/News Documentary
P16: Main Title Sequence
P17: Music Video
P18: Public Access Program
P19: Public Affairs/Video News Release
P20: Situation Comedy Program
P21: Sketch Comedy Program
P22: Special Performance Event
P23: Sporting Event
P24: Student-Produced Program
P25: Travel/Tourism Program
P26: Animated Series
P27: Children’s Series
P28: Comedy Series
P29: Cooking Series
P30: Daytime Drama Series
P31: Dramatic Series
P32: Educational/Documentary Series
P33: Game Show Series
P35: News Series
P36: Public Access Series
P37: Reality Series
P38: Reality Competition Series
P39: Situation Comedy Series
P40: Sketch Comedy Series
P41: Student-Produced Series
P42: Talk Show Series
P43: Travel Series
P44: Variety/Entertainment Series
P45: Online Television Program
P46: Online Television Series
C03: Automobile Retailer
C05: Beverages (Alcoholic)
C06: Beverages (Non-alcoholic)
C07: Business Products/Services
C08: Cellular Phone/Service
C09: Cosmetics/Personal Care Products
C11: Fast Food
C12: Food Products
C13: Health Care
C14: Home Electronics
C15: Household Appliances/Furnishings
C16: Household Products
C18: Institutional/Corporate Identity
C20: Long Form Commercial
C22: Network Promotion
C24: Online/Web services
C27: Public Service Announcement
C30: Sporting Event/Athletics
C33: Other Products
C34: Other Services
C35: Online Spot
C36: Online Campaign
C37: Commercial Campaign
C38: PSA Campaign
Special Achievement (Television Programs and Commercials)
SA03: Art Direction/Production Design
SA08: Music – Original
SA09: Music – Licensed/Adaptation
SA10: Sound Design
SA11: Visual Effects
SA13: Low Budget
Television Productions (P01-P25 and P45)
30 minutes and under: $100
31-60 minutes: $125
61 minutes and over: $150
Television Series (P26-P44 and P46)
At least two episodes must be submitted
All Entries: $250
Special Achievement (SA01-SA15)
Television Production Series and Commercial Campaigns not applicable. Individual commercials and productions only, please.
30 minutes and under: $100
31-60 minutes: $125
61 minutes and over: $150
30 seconds and under: $150
Over 30 seconds: $200
Commercial Campaign (C38-C40)
All Campaigns: $250