Can’t Turn Back: Edith + Eddie and ‘63 Boycott
- Laura Checkoway (Edith + Eddie), Gordon Quinn ('63 Boycott)
- United States
- Black Perspectives, City & State, Documentary
From Chicago-based Kartemquin Films (Hoop Dreams) comes two new powerful half-hour documentaries about interracial harmony, conflict, and societal injustice. In Laura Checkoway’s award-winning Edith + Eddie, America’s oldest interracial newlyweds, ages 96 and 95, find their happy union threatened by a family feud. ‘63 Boycott by Gordon Quinn (Golub) chronicles the Chicago Public School Boycott of October 22, 1963, when more than 200,000 Chicagoans, mostly students, marched to protest segregationist policies.
Screenings & Tickets
Sun, Oct 22, 2017 3:30 PM
SCHEDULED TO ATTEND:
'63 Boycott Director Gordon Quinn, '63 Boycott Producers Rachel Dickson and Tracye A. Matthews; Edith + Eddie director Laura Checkoway, Editor/Co-Producer Corwin Lamm
Buy 10 or 20-pack passes and save!
Buy Festival Passes Now
- Edith + Eddie: Laura Checkoway, Thomas Lee Wright; '63 Boycott: Gordon Quinn, Tracye Matthews, Rachel Dickson
- Edith + Eddie: Laura Checkoway, P. Corwin Lamm; '63 Boycott: Liz Kaar
- Edith + Eddie: Neil Barrett, John Larson; '63 Boycott: Rachel Dickson, Gordon Quinn
- Kartemquin Films