A Wounded Fawn
Bruce, a handsome and murderous art dealer, invites museum curator Meredith to his immaculately designed house in the woods for a romantic tryst. But when Meredith notices a stolen piece in his collection—a sculpture of The Wrath of the Erinyes, inspired by the Greek legend of the Furies—their evening quickly morphs into a surreal fantasia of bloody murder and nightmarish mythological visions. Director Travis Stevens (Girl on the Third Floor) returns to the Festival with this throwback to wild ‘70s Italian giallo horror inflected with the aesthetics of contemporary slasher pics to tell a weirdly contemporary fable about female vengeance—topped off with a bravura closing credit sequence that is sure to leave viewers perversely satisfied.
This film contains scenes of graphic violence and gendered violence.
Screenings & Events
- Joe Barbagallo, Laurence Gendron, Travis Stevens
- Travis Stevens, Nathan Faudree
- Zach Clark, Travis Stevens
- Ksusha Genenfeld
- Josh Ruben, Sarah Lind, Malin Barr, Katie Kuang, Laksmi Hedemark, Tanya Everett, Marshall Taylor Thurman, Leandro Taub and Neal Mayer
- Melissa Rossaki, Emily Gotto