WHAT’S YOUR VISION?
DESIGN THE OFFICIAL POSTER FOR THE 54TH CHICAGO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
Winning Designer to Receive $2,500 USD Cash Prize
Cinema/Chicago has announced it is accepting submissions for the 54th Chicago International Film Festival poster design competition. The annual competition seeks out a unique poster to serve as the key image for the Festival taking place October 10-21, 2018. Designs will be reviewed by a select panel of Festival officials and the winning designer will receive a $2,500 USD cash prize and the distinction of having created the Festival’s signature look.
Poster submissions should convey the experience of the Festival and be designed with the tagline “Everybody Loves Movies.” Submissions require a $25 entry fee and should conform to Cinema/Chicago’s design and submission guidelines outlined below. Entries must be submitted by June 15, 2018 at 11:59pm CST. Late entries will not be accepted. Please read the Designer Agreement fully here. Complete rules and details are available here.
- All designs must be 27” x 40”, or scale to 27” x 40”
- Must be vertically orientated
- Design must be easily translated into a variety of mediums (online banners, book covers, etc.)
- Design must incorporate the Festival’s official “eyes” logo (available here)
- Design must reflect the theme “Everybody Loves Movies” and include that text
- Design must clearly state: 54th Chicago International Film Festival
- Design must include the festival dates: October 10-21, 2018
- Design must include website: ChicagoFilmFestival.com
- Artists must use their own original artwork; Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted (with the exception of the Chicago International Film Festival logo)
- All file submissions must be in pdf, jpeg or png format
- Entries must be submitted at 300 dpi (CMYK)
- File must be no larger than 12MB
- Entries must include a completed Submission Form
- To submit multiple designs, submit the Form and entry fee for each design