Presented by The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Spotlight South Asia inaugurates a three-year program highlighting the film culture of a different region of the world each year. This year, Chicago audiences will be introduced to the remarkably exciting work coming out of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The program will also feature:
· Red carpet Gala Presentation of the highly anticipated film MAUSAM (SEASONS OF LIFE)
· Gala after-party featuring Bollywood and Bhangra DJs (complimentary admission with ticket stub)
· Master dance classes with renowned Bollywood choreographer Sue Gangwani, who studied with Guru Mayadhar Raut, received an award from the Indian Prime Minister, and founded TaalFusion dance company as a contemporary bridge between the Eastern and Western classical styles to bring bring Bollywood fusion to the community.
October 6-20: Screenings of ten selected films throughout the Festival at AMC River East 21 (322 E. Illinois St.),
New 400 Theater (6746 North Sheridan Rd.), and Doc Films (1212 East 59th St.).
Friday, October 7:
Gala Presentation: MAUSAM (SEASONS OF LIFE)
· 6:00 pm: Red carpet arrivals at AMC River East 21 (322 East Illinois Street)
· 6:30 pm: Screening of film at AMC River East 21
Gala Presentation, regular screenings and after-party are open to the public.
Tickets may be purchased beginning Thursday, September 22, 2011, by calling 312-332-FILM (3456),
visiting the Festival Store, or by visiting the Festival Box Office at AMC River East 21.
Cinema/Chicago is a not-for-profit cultural and educational organization dedicated to encouraging better understanding between cultures and to making a positive contribution to the art form of the moving image. The Chicago International Film Festival is part of the year-round programs presented by Cinema/Chicago, which also include the International Screenings Program (May-September), the Hugo Television Awards (April), CineYouth Festival (May), Intercom Competition (October) and year-round Education Outreach and Member Screenings Program
# # #
For images and press materials go to http://www.chicagofilmfestival.com/press/