There are currently no year-round opportunities available at Cinema/Chicago. For seasonal Chicago International Film Festival positions, click here.
The following contract position is currently open for applications:
Television Festival Coordinator – Job Description
53rd Chicago International Television Festival – A Production of Cinema/Chicago
Contract Dates: Jan. 3, 2017 – March 31, 2017
Full-time, in office (M-F 10a-6p)
Position General Summary: The 53rd Chicago International Television Festival is a three-day celebration of the art of the small screen, including a Competition program, Awards Night, and additional screening programs. This position will coordinate all elements of executing a successful Chicago International Television Festival, March 21-23rd, 2017, including event management, promotion and post-mortem.
The successful candidate will also work with the team at Cinema/Chicago to grow our Television Festival and associated Television Competition, increasing industry buy-in while developing local audiences. Ideal candidates have experience working in both the Television and Commercial production industries, and will come ready and willing to offer new ideas about expanding the scope and outreach of the Television Festival and Competition.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
– Craft and implement a realistic project timeline to execute an efficient and cost-effective Festival, and oversees adherence to same from Cinema/Chicago staff, Television Festival support staff and volunteers.
– Implement event production processes and serve as primary point of contact for all event logistics and implementation, responsible for the ultimate success of the three-day Festival.
– Interface with existing Television Festival Committee (a group of industry professionals who aides in the planning and implementation of the Television Festival) and identifies potential members for future growth of the committee.
– Oversee comprehensive Competition submissions effort with a goal to generate 200 competition submissions and $35,000 in submissions revenue, including worldwide, hands-on submission solicitation with advertising agencies and television production studios, distributors and representatives
– Coordinate with Marketing and Media Relations Director to publicize the event to industry professionals and the general public to increase attendance by 10% over 2015
– Coordinate with Sponsorship Director to ensure proper recognition and inclusion of Television Festival event sponsors
– Work with the rest of the Cinema/Chicago team to craft a strategic plan for growing and expanding the scope and impact of the Chicago International Television Festival in future years.
– Draft a detailed and comprehensive post-Festival wrap report detailing a timeline of efforts, successes and drawbacks, as well as key recommendations for future Television Festivals
– Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
– A collaborative and professional team spirit
– Existing depth of knowledge of the Television and Commercial production industries and a relevant local and national network of same
– Event management experience, ideally including multi-day festival events
– Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Applications
– Ability to manage multiple tasks with a good sense of prioritization and skill
– Ability to develop strategies and promote change in systems and procedures when needed
– Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary (required: March 18, 19 and full event days, March 21-23)
– If preferred, candidate may utilize personal laptop for duration of position.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to television @ chicagofimlfestival dot com by December 12, 2016. No phone calls.