For seasonal Chicago International Film Festival positions, click here.
The following year-round opportunities are available at Cinema/Chicago:
Development and Membership Manager
This full-time manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Individual Giving and Membership Program for Cinema/Chicago, the presenting organization of the Chicago International Film Festival. The Development and Membership Manager collaborates with Festival staff and Board Members to develop and implement Individual Donor and Membership Programs and oversee all grant writing activities.
Development – Individual Giving and Grants
- Expand and oversee Individual Giving Program, from one-time to multi-year gifts and develop a new Planned Giving program
- Cultivate and manage donors and benefits
- Implement long-term strategic plan for donor program
- Work closely with Board to develop and implement programs for individual events and for long-term
- Attend events to develop a network of possible donors
- Manage grant applications and fulfillment, including acknowledgement and reporting
- Research and apply for new grant opportunities
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and prospective grantors
- Attend Donors Forum events and utilize research tools to find /meet new donors (individuals, corporate and family foundations)
- Attend other events, as needed, to widen network and hone grant-writing skills
- Keep updated grant application calendar
- Work closely other staff members to complete grant applications and reports
- Oversee and expand Membership Program
- Solicit, cultivate, and manage new and current members
- Coordinate monthly member screenings
- Coordinate extra member events throughout the year (TBD)
- Coordinate Membership Committee
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of fundraising experience, with demonstrated grant writing proficiency, in non-profit arts field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, and all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and manage several projects simultaneously
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to Vivian Teng, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
MARKETING & MEDIA RELATIONS DIRECTOR
This full-time, permanent manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the marketing and media relations for Cinema/Chicago, the presenting organization of the Chicago International Film Festival. The Marketing & Media Relations Director drives audience development for the Festival and the organization’s year-round programs and leads the Marketing & Publicity teams leading up to and during the October Festival.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing and driving all aspects of marketing with a focus on developing a strategic marketing plan to raise awareness of and increase audiences for the Festival and all year-round programs. Other marketing responsibilities include managing the organization’s social media channels, negotiating partnerships and ad buys, overseeing newsletter content and blog posts, and hiring seasonal departmental staff. The Manager will also participate in the transition to an online ticketing CRM (Customer Relations Management) system, which will become an integral marketing tool for the organization.
In addition, the Marketing & Media Relations Director is also responsible for writing and distributing press releases and media pitching. The Manager works closely with any outside firm that may be engaged prior to and during the Chicago International Film Festival to ensure consistent branding and messaging.CLICK HERE FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION